doom_of_the_people (after he won the Commission Giveaway Contest) is now safely in his hands after delivery by USPS.
One slight downside is that despite creative packaging and a lot of well-wishing, the figure arrived tipped over on its side inside the box - that essentially means it shimmied loose from being bound upright through holes drilled in a piece of hardboard that itself was hot glued to the bottom of the box. So much for marking the box "fragile" and labeling all four sides with which direction was "up" - it could've been worse, though, as I'm to understand all the only problem in transit was a somewhat bent monofilament blade (that was easily bent back to shape.)
The great news I got today - well, for me and doom_of_the_people, anyway - is that "It looks awesome and definitely lived up to [his] expectations." (I was especially leery of the commission getting there in one piece because the figure itself was pretty fragile in sculpt, had a separate wrist join that was flimsy from the start, and was a decent amount of good faith on both ends. I'm very glad it worked out nicely!)
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (21)
- My First Finished Berzerkers
- Commission Giveaway Contest, Revisited
- Hobby Tip - Painting Aged Parchment
- Chainsword or Power Weapon?
- Fun With Shipping, AKA Getting the Commission Give...
- Revenge of the Lonely Khorne Berzerker!
- Hobby Tip - Painting 40K Shoulder Pads
- Infinity Speculo Killer Commission, AKA Giveaway C...
- A Genestealer And A Rogue Psyker Walk Into A Bar.....
- Infinity Speculo KIller WIP [Update 5/12/2010]
- Colors, Pt. II!
- Infinity Speculo Killer WIP
- The Seductively Aggressive Berzerker of Khorne
- One Lonely Khorne Berzerker Revisited
- Hobby Tip - I Remembered How To Paint Highlighting...
- Former Heresy-Era Rhino
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2009 (46)