Well, I got word back from doom_of_the_people on the last set of "inches away from finished" pics I passed along to him regarding his Commission Giveaway Contest figure, and I got the "thumb's up" to go ahead and call her done. She is now sealed in several layers of spray acrylic varnish and fully dry, essentially ready to wing her way towards wherever she'll be winging her way towards - as soon as I can figure out a way to box her for mailing in a manner that won't bend the "flimsy" monofilament blade or cause her wrist to snap off at the glued join (yet again). I think I have an idea, though, involving epoxy glue, a small hex nut and bolt, and a small box-end-sized square of MDF hardboard. It might set off metal detectors at the USPS, but it should have enough airspace inside the box to avoid nasty bumps and jarring impacts.
Here's the final set of pictures (post-varnish):
In making the sludge/ooze on the base, I snuck in a few bubbles(?) and some extra rust on the outpouring pipe, too. Hopefully they're easily visible in the last few pictures, since I took those especially for the guy running Secret Weapon Miniatures, figgering he might be able to use them for posterity so as to show off his handiwork. The majority of the decorative stuff that the Speculo Killer is posed on is one of Secret Weapon's resin bases that I hacked up and converted in order to offset it on the Infinity slottabase that the figure came with - who knew cast resin bases were so versatile?
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (21)
- My First Finished Berzerkers
- Commission Giveaway Contest, Revisited
- Hobby Tip - Painting Aged Parchment
- Chainsword or Power Weapon?
- Fun With Shipping, AKA Getting the Commission Give...
- Revenge of the Lonely Khorne Berzerker!
- Hobby Tip - Painting 40K Shoulder Pads
- Infinity Speculo Killer Commission, AKA Giveaway C...
- A Genestealer And A Rogue Psyker Walk Into A Bar.....
- Infinity Speculo KIller WIP [Update 5/12/2010]
- Colors, Pt. II!
- Infinity Speculo Killer WIP
- The Seductively Aggressive Berzerker of Khorne
- One Lonely Khorne Berzerker Revisited
- Hobby Tip - I Remembered How To Paint Highlighting...
- Former Heresy-Era Rhino
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2009 (46)