It might sound like an oxymoron, but the thinner you have your paints when doing fine detail like this, the more control you will have.
Step 7 (The All-Important One):
In this case, I wanted to neaten up the letters a little bit, and add a slightly lighter "highlighted" black to the right-most lettering. I increased the size of the image, too, so that you can see it's not all smoke-and-mirrors, but generally a case of "if it looks about right in close detail then it'll look very close to right at regular scale."
- ► 2015 (17)
- ► 2014 (21)
- My First Finished Berzerkers
- Commission Giveaway Contest, Revisited
- Hobby Tip - Painting Aged Parchment
- Chainsword or Power Weapon?
- Fun With Shipping, AKA Getting the Commission Give...
- Revenge of the Lonely Khorne Berzerker!
- Hobby Tip - Painting 40K Shoulder Pads
- Infinity Speculo Killer Commission, AKA Giveaway C...
- A Genestealer And A Rogue Psyker Walk Into A Bar.....
- Infinity Speculo KIller WIP [Update 5/12/2010]
- Colors, Pt. II!
- Infinity Speculo Killer WIP
- The Seductively Aggressive Berzerker of Khorne
- One Lonely Khorne Berzerker Revisited
- Hobby Tip - I Remembered How To Paint Highlighting...
- Former Heresy-Era Rhino
- ▼ May (16)
- ► 2009 (46)